Arifa Tajbhai – Eager and Passionate Physiotherapist
Arifa Tajbhai graduated in 2005 from the University of Cape Town in South Africa with a Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy after completing a Bachelor of Science in Archaeology.
Her passion for working with people and improving their health had motivated the change into a health related career.
She started her career in Botswana in a hospital setting gaining valuable experience with a varied clinical load. She then moved in to an orthopaedic setting focusing on treating musculoskeletal conditions.
As a keen runner and cyclist she enjoys treating sports injuries and has taken on a career path in pelvic health.
She is extremely passionate about her career and believes in continuously learning. Her recent move to Canada has provided a wealth of opportunity and exposure to various avenues of learning.
These are courses that Arifa has completed:
- Pelvic Health Solutions Level 3 – Clinical Skills for treating Pain
- Pelvic Health Solutions Level 2 – Male and Female Pelvic Pain
- Meridian Health – Acupuncture and Dry Needling Introduction
- Meridian Health – Acupuncture and Dry Needling Upper Extremity
- Meridian Health – Acupuncture and Dry Needling Lower Extremity
- Pelvic Health Solutions Level 1 – The Physical Therapy Approach to Female and Male Urinary Incontinence
- HFPA South Africa – Pilates Level 1 & 2 (beginner and intermediate)
- Clinical Solutions – Dry Needling Level 1: The Lumbar spine, SIJ & Hip
- The Connective tissue system – The Shoulder Girdle Assessment and Management
- Clinical Solutions – Dry Needling: The Extremities and Orofacial Pain
- CPD seminars – A Clinical Approach to the Shoulder Complex
- CPD seminars – Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
In her spare time Arifa loves mountain biking and cycling. Being new to Ottawa she is enthusiastic about exploring the outdoors with her two beautiful children.