Chris Rigby – Encouraging and Supportive Physiotherapist
Chris Rigby completed his Master’s of Physiotherapy in 2019 from McMaster University, and previously completed an Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences in 2017 from the University of Ottawa. Prior to moving back to Ottawa in 2021 Chris worked in a small town community practice clinic, as well as a regional hospital, gaining experience in a broad range of physiotherapy practice across different health care settings.
One of the things that drew Chris to physiotherapy was the opportunity to connect with people in helping them to address pain and overcome limitations. He uses a combination of education, manual therapy, exercise, and adjunct therapeutic techniques to assist individuals in reaching their goals. Chris has special interests in helping clients with knee pain and rehabilitation, BPPV (a type of vertigo) and optimal aging through a healthy relationship with exercise.
Chris is dedicated to ongoing education and professional development, and currently has taken the following courses:
- Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI): Introduction to Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Shift Concussion: Best Practices in Concussion Management (Level 1)
- APTEI Pain Truth Certification (Persistent Pain Management)
- Vestibular Rehabilitation – A Comprehensive Introduction
- Advanced Vestibular Rehabilitation
- APTEI – Temporomandibular Disorders
In his free time Chris enjoys hiking, downhill skiing and playing the drums.