Dave Bellefleur – Award-winning, bilingual physiotherapist, dynamic leader
Dave developed a passion for health and wellness at a young age playing competitive basketball, soccer, track and cross-country running. He studied at the University of Ottawa where he graduated in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy. Throughout his university years Dave found time to be a proud and very active member of a Reserve Infantry unit in the Canadian Forces where he served eight years and received Top Candidate awards on two of his infantry courses.
Throughout his physiotherapy career, Dave has been the clinic manager at two physiotherapy clinics in the Ottawa area and has extensive experience working with the geriatric population in Long Term Care and Home Care. In 2012, Dave received the Professional Excellence Award from the Nepean Chamber of Commerce and he was also recognized as the 2014 Healthcare Professional of the Year award recipient from the Orléans Chamber of Commerce. He is a strong believer in a “hands-on” physiotherapy approach, evidence-based practice and client-centered care by educating his clients on their injury and proposed treatment plan in order to create a strong partnership. Aside from educating his clients, Dave also likes taking an active role promoting his profession by supervising and educating Physiotherapy, Physiotherapy Assistant and Kinesiology students. He enjoys treating a wide variety of clients and conditions from athletes to the aging population and everything in between including work-related injuries and post-operative conditions.
Dave believes strongly in continuing education to better serve his clients and has taken several post graduate courses throughout the years including:
- Orthopaedic Division – Level 1
- Mulligan Concept – Lower Quadrant
- Mulligan Concept – Upper Quadrant
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI) – Level 1, Part 1
- Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI) – Thoracic Spine Part I & II
- The Robin McKenzie Institute Canada – The Lumbar Spine
- Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI) – Lumbar Spine Part I & II
- Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI) – Foot & Ankle Complex
- Myofascial Release – Myofascial Mobilization
- Kinesio Taping – KT1 & KT2
- Graston Technique – M1
- Running Clinic – New Trends in Injury Prevention for Runners
- Kineticore – Functional Dry Needling Level 1
- FitforeGolf – Level 1
- The Eclectic Approach to Assessment and Treatment of the Lower Quadrant
- The Eclectic Approach to Assessment and Treatment of the Upper Quadrant
- Kineticore – Functional Dry Needling Level 2
- Functional Movement Systems – Selective Functional Movement Assessment
Outside of the office, Dave practices what he preaches by promoting a healthy and active lifestyle. He enjoys playing soccer, cycling, skiing, weight training, kayaking and traveling off the beaten path.