Ruth Posthuma – Enthusiastic and caring Physiotherapist
Ruth Posthuma is a keen and committed physiotherapist who is excited to share her passion and knowledge in every encounter. She graduated from the University of Ottawa in 2011 with a B.Sc. in Human Kinetics and from McGill University in 2015 with a M.Sc. in Physiotherapy. During her time at McGill she was the physical therapy representative for ‘Exercise is Medicine Canada at McGill,’ a group made up of future healthcare professionals dedicated to the promotion of physical activity as a strategy to prevent and manage chronic disease. Since completing her studies, she has worked in private orthopedic clinics, as well as hospital settings in both rehabilitation and complex continuing care.
Ruth is dedicated to providing care that encourages each person to live their life to the fullest. She aims to provide the foundation that each person needs to be an active participant in their own recovery, empowering them to improve their health and well-being through personalized, goal-directed therapy. She is invested in providing high-quality, professional, and empathetic care to clients of every age, and has a special interest in working with the pediatric population (ages 0 to 18). She is committed to professional development and continuing education, and continues to update her knowledge and skillset at every opportunity. Her training and memberships include:
- Certified GLA:D® Canada Trainer (an education and exercise program developed by physiotherapists for individuals with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms)
- Neuro-Rehabilitation Refresher course (for clients with Traumatic Brain Injury, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson disease)
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy for Children with Cerebral Palsy (K2 Physiotherapy)
- Introduction To Vestibular Rehabilitation (Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute)
- APTEI Acupuncture & Dry Needling: Introduction
- Member of the Quebec Chronic Pain Association
In her spare time, Ruth enjoys being active outdoors, experimenting in the kitchen, making music, and sitting down with a good book.