Are you experiencing pain or stiffness in your hip(s) or knee(s)?
Do you want to stay active but your hips and knees have you worried?
These may be symptoms of osteoarthritis (OA).
- GLA:D® is an 8-week education and exercise program developed in Denmark for people with symptoms of knee or hip OA
- GLA:D® is being launched across Canada as GLA:D™ Canada
What can GLA:D™ Canada do for you?
- This program will teach you the right way to move to reduce your pain and stiffness
- In Denmark, people taking the GLA:D® program
- have reduced pain
- take fewer pain killers
- take less time off work
- are able to be more active
- GLA:D™ Canada is for everyone with symptoms of hip or knee OA!
What does the program include?
- An assessment by a Registered Physiotherapist to gather baseline information about your current functional ability and ensure you are a good candidate for the program
- Two 90-minute education sessions that will teach you about the symptoms and risk factors of osteoarthritis, treatment and self-management options, as well as tips on how to overcome everyday challenges
- Twelve 60-minute exercise sessions guided by a Physiotherapist that will help improve posture, build strength and you will learn how to apply these exercises in everyday activities.
- Group setting (no more than 10 participants) decreases the individual cost for participants
- Cost of the program is covered by most extended health insurance programs
- The exercise and education sessions will be provided at Orléans United Church (1111 Orléans Blvd)
- Generally, we have 1-2 groups participating at any given time. To find out when the next group will be starting, please contact our team at 613-424-7852 or complete the form at the bottom of the page.
To learn more about the GLA:D™ Canada Program, please visit gladcanada.ca for more information.
If you would like more information about the program or are interested in signing up, please complete the form below.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Bellefleur Physiotherapy offers patients in Ottawa exceptional care with a personalized treatment plan to suit your specific needs. If you are suffering from pain or have recently experienced an injury, our Ottawa Physiotherapists will ensure you get back to the activities you enjoy and love. Call us at (613) 424-7852 for an appointment today or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a consultation.